We’re all about eating good food and enjoying delicious meals. However, there is some prostate harmful food that you might want to avoid or reduce to maintain a healthy prostate. If you have ever known your PSA level and it happens to be closer to 4.0 ng/mL, you will need to follow this suggestion.
Avoid Prostate Harmful Food
You may be surprised at how many common foods irritate the prostate and can contribute to a rise in PSA levels and an enlarged prostate. Here are some of the foods and beverages that fall into this category.
- Foods that contain acrylamide, such as French fries and potato chips (the two biggest offenders) and doughnuts
- Sugars and sugary foods
- Foods rich in saturated fats
- Excess alcohol
- Nonfermented soy products such as tofu and edamame, which can raise estrogen levels
- Microwave popcorn
- Nonorganic potatoes, meats, and dairy products
- Canned foods, especially tomatoes, which are acidic and more likely to leach bisphenol A (a hormone disruptor) from the lining of the cans
*if you have more questions whether you have a normal PSA level, check out our blog article: What Is The Normal PSA Level For Men’s Prostate?
*Here is a suggested diet to maintain a healthy prostate: Our Suggested Prostate Diet That Helps Lower PSA Level
*if you are looking for supplement pills for your prostate problems, we recommend trying our all natural ingredients ProstaGenix pills